Look & Learn The Basics of WaterSmart Landscaping - Free Event & Workshops
- Date: 07/14/2018 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Antelope Garden
7800 Antelope North Rd
Antelope, California 95843
Learn the WHAT, WHY, and HOW of water-efficient landscaping at this workshop and demonstration garden tour!
This FREE workshop features classroom learning and a guided tour of a demonstration garden. For your comfort and safety, please bring a water bottle, sturdy shoes for walking, a sun hat or visor, and sunscreen.
Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 9:30 am - Noon at Antelope Gardens located at 7800 Antelope North Road, Antelope, CA
You will learn :
• How a WaterSmart landscape means less water, less work, less pollution, healthier waterways and a healthier community
• How to select plants that thrive in our climate
• Where to place plants in your landscape, and how far apart to space them for best results
• How to get the most benefits from the rain that falls on your landscape
• How to convert traditional pop-up sprinklers to efficient rotary nozzles
• How to convert spray systems to low-volume drip irrigation
• How to use free online tools to help you schedule your irrigation, design your landscape, discover the best plants for our region, and more
• About other public water-efficient demonstration landscapes that you can visit for more ideas!