Data on this web page was updated as of 01/01/2018
|Address:||3701 Marconi Avenue, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95821-5346
|General Manager:||Daniel R. York|
"To deliver a high quality, reliable supply of water and superior customer service at the lowest responsible water rate."
Urban Area- Arden/Arcade, Foothill Farms between I-80 Freeway and UP Railroad tracks; portions of Citrus Heights, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, North Highlands, Sacramento, Antelope, and McClellan Business Park. District map
SSWD is a publicly owned and operated water utility regulated by the State of California Department of Public Health and State Water Code laws. The District is governed by a 5 member Board of Directors; each Director is elected by the voters within the Division that they represent. All expenses are financed through water service charges and connection fees.
SSWD provides water to its customers from 85 active groundwater wells. In addition, the District has contractual rights to 26,064 acre-feet from the City of Sacramento water entitlement; and a contract to purchase up to 29,000 acre-feet of surface water per year from Placer County Water Agency.
|Budget||2018 - budget
|Capital Improvement Program||$19,160,000|
|Operating Capital Program
|Operations and Maintenance
|$91.96||Average residential with 1" connection & 10,000 sq. ft. parcel|
|$61.59||Average residential with 3/4" connection & 10,000 sq. ft. parcel|
|$95.38||Average residential with 1" metered service & 27 units of consumption (Avg. Yearly Use: 1 unit = 748 gallons).|
|$56.13||Average residential with 3/4" metered service & 16 units of consumption (Avg. Yearly Use: 1 unit = 748 gallons).|
Service and Operational Data
|Number of Square Miles of Service Area||36|
|Number of Service Connections||46,318|
|Number of Metered Connections||39,756|
|Number of Full Time SSWD Employees||67|
|Number of miles Distribution/Transmission System||696|
|Number of Mainline Valves||11,933|
|Number of Fire Hydrants||6,022|
|Number of Emergency Interties||49|
|Water Production (MG-Million Gallons; GPM-Gallons per Minute)|
|Number of Active Groundwater Production Wells||82|
|Groundwater Production Capacity||93,027 GPM|
|Storage Tank Capacity||16 MG|
|2014 Total Production||10,610 MG|
|2013 Maximum Day Demand||51.5 MG|
|2014 Average Day Demand||29.1 MG|
Historical and Political Data
- Arcade Water District established April, 1954.
- Arcade Water District purchased Ben Ali Water Company Sept. 1956.
- Northridge Water District established November, 1956.
- Northridge Water District purchased Arvin Water Co. on Oct. 31, 1986.
- Northridge Water District assumes operations of McClellan AFB and Military Housing on November 1, 1998.
- Arcade Water District and Northridge Water District consolidate into Sacramento Suburban Water District on February 1, 2002.
- Enabling Act: Water Code, Section 30000, et seq.
- Governing Body: 5 with 4-year staggered terms.
- Elections on first Tuesday in November, biennially in even years.
- Board of Directors meets 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the Administrative Office's Boardroom, 3701 Marconi Avenue, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95821 Map to Administrative Office
- Registered Voters: 74,604.