Water-Wise House Calls Suspended
In an effort to protect District customers and staff, SSWD has suspended Water-Wise House Calls until further notice due to concerns regarding the COVID-19 virus. Customers can continue to sign up for a Water-Wise House Call and will be placed on a waiting list and will be scheduled once we resume our Water-Wise House Call Program. Thank you for your understanding.
A Water-Wise House Call identifies potential water savings at your property and provides you with water efficient materials. This service is complementary and will help educate all customers about the benefits of using water as efficiently as possible which may lower water use and promote a healthy water shed environment.
This service, performed by trained water efficiency professionals, typically takes about one hour, and consists of the following:
- Check all appliances and plumbing fixtures for water leaks.
- Measure the flow rate of faucets and showerheads.
- Check for leaks.
- Test irrigation controller and assist in programming.
- Perform landscape irrigation survey.
- Troubleshoot irrigation system.
- Develop efficient, custom watering schedule for your landscape.
- Locate meter, if applicable.
Before leaving the property, the technician will:
- Explain to the homeowner or property manager the findings and recommendations. A report with the findings and recommendations will be mailed or e-mailed shortly after the Water-Wise House Call appointment.
- If applicable, provide training, on how to use and reset schedules on the irrigation controller and how to read a water meter.