New development is performed, at the property owner(s) expense, by a developer and/or contractor. The District will collect all development related fees from the developer, including meter cost(s). The developer or their contractor shall install the meter(s).
Any new water facilities within the District service area shall adhere to the Regulations Governing Water Service and the Improvement Standards and Technical Specifications.
- To initiate a project, application form(s) must be completed and all required documents submitted. Applicant’s failure to provide the District with any required information may result in the District’s refusal to accept the water service application.
Required Documents (By Contractor) Prior to Pre Construction Meeting:
Meter Data Sheets:
Regulations, Standards and/or Specifications:
- SSWD Improvement Standards and Technical Specifications
- SSWD Regulations Governing Water Service
- Sacramento County Standards
- Additional Service for a Residential Duplex
- Construction Hydrant Meter Permit
- Application for Hydrant Flow Test
The Engineering Department is available at 916.972.7172, Monday—Friday, 8:00 a.m.—4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com.