The project consists of the installation of new water distribution main pipeline in public streets to replace existing backyard water mains that have outlived their useful life.
Major project facts:
- 22,860 feet of 6-, 8-, and 12-inch diameter pipe is to be installed
- 70 fire hydrants will be upgraded.
- 250 new metered services will be installed; and 100 meters will be reconnected.
- The construction cost is estimated to be $8 million.
- The project began in December 2017 and is expected to be completed in the fall of 2018.
- Final street restoration is anticipated in the spring of 2019 (warmer temperatures are necessary for this type of work).
- January Work Phases (see map below):
- Main Replacement - Phase 11 (Doug Veerkamp General Engineering, Inc.)
- Service Line and Meter Installation - Phase 11 (Flowline Contractors, Inc.)
After-hours emergency calls should be directed to SSWD's main number 916.972.7171.
Construction Manager (primary contact)
ERC Contracting (contractor for SSWD)
Ricky (Richard) Ingraham
S. E. Ahlstrom Inspection (contractor for SSWD)
Sacramento Suburban Water District
David Espinoza, P.E.