The project consists of the installation of new water distribution main pipeline in public streets to replace existing backyard water mains that have outlived their useful life.
Major project facts:
- 18,717 feet of 6-, 8-, and 12-inch diameter pipe is to be installed
- 63 fire hydrants will be upgraded.
- 311 new metered services will be installed; and 55 meters will be reconnected.
- The construction cost is estimated to be $ 7.5 million.
- Over the next few weeks SSWD's contractor, Flowline Contractors, Inc., will:
- Verify the location and size of each existing water service.
- Perform a site survey to identify the best location for each new water meter and water service connection point.
- Construction will begin winter of 2018 and is expected to be completed in the fall of 2019.
- Final street restoration is anticipated in the spring of 2020 (warmer temperatures are necessary for this type of work).
- May Work Phases
- Main Replacement - Phase 7 (Doug Veerkamp General Engineering, Inc.)
- Service Line and Meter Installation - Phase 2, 3 & 4 (Flowline Contractors, Inc.)
After-hours emergency calls should be directed to SSWD's main number 916.972.7171.
Construction Manager (primary contact)
ERC Contracting (contractor for SSWD)
Ricky (Richard) Ingraham
S. E. Ahlstrom Inspection (contractor for SSWD)
Sacramento Suburban Water District
David Espinoza, P.E.