The project consists of the installation of new water distribution main pipeline in public streets to replace existing backyard water mains that have outlived their useful life.
Major project facts:
- 28,053 feet of 6-, 8-, and 12-inch diameter pipe is to be installed.
- 58 fire hydrants will be upgraded.
- 532 new metered services will be installed; and 59 meters will be reconnected.
- The construction cost is estimated to be $7 million.
- The project began in February 2017 and is expected to be completed in the fall of 2018.
- Work Phases Complete (see map below):
After-hours emergency calls should be directed to SSWD's main number 916.972.7171.
Construction Manager (primary contact)
ERC Contracting (contractor for SSWD)
Ricky (Richard) Ingraham
S. E. Ahlstrom Inspection (contractor for SSWD)
Sacramento Suburban Water District
David Espinoza, P.E.