- As required by State law (AB2572), the District must install a water meter on all customer accounts by January 1, 2025.
- In February 2004, the District's Board of Directors adopted a Meter Asset Management Plan which outlines how the District will install water meters on all customer connections by 2025.
Major 2019 project facts:
- 981 flat rate services will be retrofitted with meters.
- Meters will be installed in 7 Subareas.
- A map of the entire retrofit project as well as the 7 Subareas can be accessed below.
- 2019 Meter Retrofit Project Map
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 6C
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 6FB
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 32
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 42
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 47A
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 63B
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 72
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 78A
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 78H
- Meter Retrofit Subarea 78I
- The project is planned to start in spring of 2019 and be completed in the winter of 2019.
Items to be completed at each property:
- Excavation of the existing District shut off valve
- Removal of the shut off valve
- Installation of a new meter box, meter setter and meter
- Flushing the newly installed water service
- Reconnection to the residential service line
- A District contractor will provide labor, equipment, and miscellaneous materials including those for the restoration of existing landscape and hardscape as necessary to complete each retrofit.
- Permanent restoration will be completed on an area-wide basis typically within 4-6 weeks of the meter installation.
- Flat rate billing will remain in effect until November of the following year (that the meter is installed), at which point it will be converted to meter rate billing.
- Shortly after a meter is installed, the water bill will change to include:
- A consumption graph showing how much water is used each month.
- A message noting what the metered bill would be based on that month’s consumption.
- If you wish to start metered billing sooner, please contact the Customer Service Department at 916.972.7171 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To help you use water efficiently, the District offers a free Water-Wise House Call.
Water Meter FAQs:
- To learn more about State law and water meters, please see our Water Meter Facts and FAQs.