Development is performed by a developer/contractor at developer/owner expense. The District will collect all related fees from the developer/owner, including meter cost(s). The developer/contractor shall install the meter(s).
New water facilities within the District's service area shall comply with the following:
- State Water Resources Control Board's Division of Drinking Water (DDW)
To initiate a project, submit form(s) and required documents. Incomplete information may result in rejection of the application.
- Development Water Service
- Hydrant Flow Test
- Temporary Construction Hydrant Meter Permit
- Water Main Extension
Supplementary Documents and Additional Information:
Meter Data Sheets:
Required Documents (by Contractor) Prior to Pre-Construction Meeting:
Regulations, Standards and Specifications:
- SSWD Improvement Standards and Technical Specifications
- SSWD Regulations Governing Water Service
- Sacramento County Standards
The Engineering Department is available at 916.972.7171, Monday—Friday, 8:00 a.m.—4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com.