The portal allows District approved testers to manage their backflow accounts. They can view account information, submit test reports, view and print previously submitted reports and review certification documents and expiration dates.
Before you can submit and print test reports, all testers must create a user account and submit their documents for approval.
- Copy of your AWWA Certification or Equivalent
- Designated Signatory Approval Form
- Certified Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Kit
- Current Annual Calibration Report for the Tester's Test Kit
We suggest you view the tutorial SSWD Backflow Portal Tutorial for information on how to get started.
Only SSWD approved testers will be included on the list of backflow testers sent to customers and made available on the District website.
SSWD-Issued test certification tags may be purchased for $1.00 each at our Administrative Office located at 3701 Marconi Avenue, Sacramento. Only cash or checks will be accepted.
- CA Code of Regulations, Title 17, Section 7583-7605 and SSWD Regulation No. 14, Prevention of Contamination by Backflow and Cross Connection require appropriate backflow prevention measures be provided at designated service connections SSWD RP Backflow Specifications.
- New or replaced Assemblies must meet State and Federal low-lead content requirements.
- Some services with an Assembly may also require a thermal expansion tank. Please contact a license plumber for further details.
- If you are a backflow tester certified by an approved organization other than AWWA please call 916.679.2899 or email email@example.com.
- Test Results:
- Failed - within 24 hours
- Passed - within 48 hours
- Edit/View/Print After Submittal:
- Edit - up to 7 days
- View and Print - up to 30 days
- Unfinished test reports will be saved for 48-hours
We recommend you save a copy of your final submitted report.