Since February 2007, the District's South Service Area has been receiving fluoridated water.
- Fluoride is a naturally-occurring element found in most water supplies.
- Water fluoridation involves increasing the natural fluoride concentration found in drinking water to the optimal level that provides the most benefit for dental health, as prescribed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The North Service Area does not receive fluoridated water. To determine if you are a customer in the South Service Area, view the map of the District's North and South Service Areas.
The Water Fluoridation flyer includes frequently asked questions.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916.972.7171 during business hours. (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM)
For more information on fluoride, please visit the following web sites:
- US Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- State Water Resources Control Board - Division of Drinking Water
- American Dental Association